Ceviche Style Shrimp and Avocado Tacos
- 3 limes
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado, diced and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled med. in size
- 1 jalapeno, chopped very fine (my own addition)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very fine (another addition that I added)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Finely grate rind from limes to measure 1 tbls; juice limes to measure 1/4 cup.
- Place rind and juice in a large bowl.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients this is where I also added a jalapeno — chopped really fine! (except tortillas); toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat tortillas (I sprayed grill with non stick spray — and grill tortillas).