Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pancakes: (Can also use a box)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- To make the cinnamon filling: Combine brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Scoop into a baggie and set aside.
- For the glaze: In a small pan melt the butter over low heat. Whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Take off of the heat and set aside until ready to use on pancakes.
- To make the pancakes: Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
- Heat skillet to medium low. Once preheated, spray with non-stick spray. Add about ½ cup of the batter to the skillet. Wait until bubbles start to form. Snip the corner of the cinnamon filling, and create a swirl pattern in the center of the pancake as pictured above. See notes. Be careful not to get it too close to the edge. With a wide metal spatula flip the pancake over and continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Wipe out the pan each time and repeat with the remaining batter. Warm the glaze if needed and drizzle over pancakes.