Marshmallow Filled Chocochip Cookies
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 – 7 sheets (about 1 cup or 90 grams) of honey graham crackers, depending on crumb size
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup roughly chopped milk chocolate
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Mix together both flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Break up the graham crackers into small pieces. Be careful to not let it get too powdery, but some graham cracker powder is okay. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the graham crackers and chocolate.
- Take a tablespoon of the cookie and create a small indentation.
- Stuff 4 – 5- mini marshmallows into the indentation. Top with another ⅔ tablespoon of cookie dough and press together until the dough completely covers the marshmallows. Repeat with the remaining dough and marshmallows.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet and cover. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight, up to three days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the cookies and bake for 8 – 9 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Use a spatula to immediately remove the cookies to cool on a wire rack. For the best results, place the cookies near a fan to cool them quickly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight containter and enjoy within 24 hours.