Fudgy Mint Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp mint extract
- green food coloring
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In a large pot, combine butter, milk, sugar and cocoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, and boil 2 minutes.
- Add oats, pudding mix, and coconut. Stir to combine.
- Drop into 24 spoonfuls onto wax paper. Refrigerate until set.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. To a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer), add butter, icing sugar and milk and beat until creamy and blended. Add in mint extract and food coloring. If necessary, add an extra tbsp sugar or milk to achieve the right consistency — you do not want the icing runny.
- Remove cookies from the fridge and spread with frosting. Return to the fridge to let the frosting set.
- Make the ganache: In a small pot, combine chocolate, milk and butter over very low heat. Cook and stir constantly until chocolate is smooth. Set aside to cool 5-10 minutes. Spread on cooled cookies, and return to the refrigerator to allow chocolate to set.
- Because they are slightly gooey, I like to store them in the fridge or freezer with wax paper between layers so they don’t stick together.